Saturday, February 4, 2012

Chocolate Cream Nails

Something bad happened today! I wanted to do newspaper nails for very long but I just couldn't bear to buy the rubbing alcohol (selling at Guardian @ $4.50) when I will probably be using it once or twice! Then my mom told me I could redeem the PassionCard points and used it to pay for things you want to buy. And so I went to Guardian today, and bought it. Except that it was the wrong one! And all it does was erased my nails!! I thought at first I pressed too hard or my polish hasn't dried yet, so I put on Seche Vite Top Coat, yet it totally erased my polish, like a nail polish remover!!! I'm so shocked and disappointed!! Now what am I supposed to do with my bottle of Denatured Alcohol??

Anyway, back to the nail design, I thought of this when I was eating ice cream. For some reason, I really like to put food on my nails. I think they are super cute. However instead of the usual brown ice-cream cone, I put a grey background and dripping chocolate with green and blue sprinkles on it. I think I should practice on making the 'drips' more realistic.


When I showed my bf, he told me it look like some retro modern art instead. *Sigh


Still, I love it so much I wore it for 3 days before I took it off. I went to meet my old classmates with it on and they said it was beautiful! It always made me so happy to receive praises. ^^



Close up of a nail.

Polishes used: OPI Skull and Glossbones, OPI Get on the Expresso Lane, Essie Turquoise and Caicos, Essie Lapis of Luxury

I bought 2 nail art pens at TheFaceShop today. It was selling at $5.80. I am so happy when I saw it, especially since there is a black pen! I have been looking for it for so long, and I didn't want to buy it online. Etude House used to sell them but the black ones ran out a long time ago so I only got the white and pink ones. So I got the Silver and Black ones today. I was also hesitating between buying their super shiny silver and gold polish. Since it costs $10.90, I had to put it back since it'll put a dent in my wallet. Such is the life of a poor university student.

No comments:

Post a Comment