Saturday, April 28, 2012

Did You know About A England? Iseult

Hey, after the last swatch of NerdLacquer, I am already eagerly itching to swatch A England, Iseult, but I had to put it off because no way was I taking off an $18 polish after wearing it for 10mins! You can view my NerdLacquer swatch of Don't Blink here

Iseult is a most gorgeous and no doubt most feminine pink I have yet seen. It is a pale pink with shimmer. I got it from SgNails and I was blown back by the shade of pink. Please note that I do not wear pink often, though I love to buy pink polishes! In fact, if I am on a buying spree and I do not have a pink polish in my basket, I feel as if I am missing something and I would throw in a pink polish! 



What made me hate pale pink polishes (of all pink polishes) is the fact that if they are not creme, they are almost universally sheer! And I have yet to see a pale pink polish that is creme and pale enough for my liking. Panda-monium pink has the consistency I love but I do wish it is a tad paler. 

Now, when I bought Iseult, I was actually quite worried about it being sheer. I had a couple of polishes that I did not used because they are too sheer to cover my VNL even after 5 coats! (OPI I Pink I love you and OPI Pink-ing of you) However, Iseult completely swept away my concerns about its sheerness. It is opaque (I repeat, Opaque!) in 3 coats! Yes, sure, the first coat is sheer, but it builds up nicely in 3 coats. 


One thing you have to be careful about this polish is that you have to be extremely careful not to leave streaks because that means you would have to cover that with an extra coats and it will leave your polish thicker and it will take longer to dry. Even with a coat of Seche Vite, I had to redo a couple of fingers because of it. I suggest patience. 

The end result is so feminine and soft and totally worth the extra effort. I would definitely wear it more if the application was easier. I think I will try again soon. 


I have a couple of polishes coming in too. I cannot wait to get my hands on Tristam! I want to see if it is as awesome as it is rumored to be! I am also debating whether to get Zoya Charla, a gorgeous blue-green sparkle. It is a dupe of OPI Catch me in Your Net. 

I am having posts scheduled till mid-May but I will probably be checking in from time to time. That means the swatches will have to wait till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment