Thursday, May 17, 2012

Nail Art Competition: What's Cookin'?

Double Double Toil and Trouble... It is time for another nail art Competition!!

I found two nail art competitions that I wanted to, and could participate in. This one is held by Copy That, CopyCat, and the topic is What's Cookin'? She held this competition in order to celebrate her blog's first birthday so I thought I should draw some party food instead. I actually make a list of food that I wanted to paint, but I changed my mind at the last minute because I thought it might be good to draw something different. 

So I drew something that resembles a witch's kitchen. ^^ 


I used OPI Skull and Glossbones for the background. Initially wanted to use an emerald green, but I thought it would not contrast against the objects I am going to draw on the nails. Besides, Skull and Glossbones sounds perfect for the them, right? >.<


On my index finger, I drew fingers with Michelle A17, the nails with OPI Get on the Expresso Lane. I mixed Michelle and OPI to get the shade for the outline of the nails. It kinda looks strange to see fingers on my fingers. LOL. 
For my middle finger, I drew a cauldron with OPI Get on the Expresso Lane and filled in the contents of the cauldron with Bioop H187. Next I painted fire with  Rainbow 11, OPI In my back Pocket, and Michelle B46. I love the cauldron the most!
On my Ring Finger, I painted eyeballs since they are ingredients for the witch's potion too. This is done with China Glaze Liquid Leather and Michelle 80. 
Lastly, for my pinky, I drew a mouse with OPI Get on the Expresso Lane and Michelle A46. I dotted Liquid Leather for the eye but it's quite invisible. 


I love this mani!! I enjoy going with a theme because I like how it challenges me to think of more interesting designs! I think I am going to do the birthday party one as well. It'll be good practice for me. And I have another competition design coming up soon!  

If you are interested in participating, you can view the details here. Enjoy your day! 

2 comments:

  1. Check out the Nailasaurus latest blog post http://www.thenailasaurus.com/2012/06/load-n-vote-nail-art-contest.html . All you have to do is upload a picture of your nail art, the public votes, and the winner gets the Entire Essie Summer Collection!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! I saw that! I'm going to participate in that!! ^^

      Delete