Saturday, May 12, 2012

Sponging with Contrasting Colors!

I decided to do another sponging after reading all the different techniques online. I did a Colorful Zebra mani using another sponging technique but this time I paint my polish into the sponge. It has wonderful coverage, contrary to my belief that it would not cover well. 

So I took a look at all the colors I have in my stash and ponder about what colors I should use. Lol. I saw many designs with the same colors, like pink and light pink, dark blue and light blue. Probably the few interesting combinations that I am intrigued are from Nailasaurus. So I pick the contrasting colors, blue and orange. 


Isn't it nice?? I am quite proud of myself. Heh. This is China Glaze First Mate and OPI In My Back Pocket. I have grown to like orange recently. It is just so bright and cheerful. Lol. 

I painted a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust over it too. It makes the whole mani very sparkly and shiny. 


That is about it. This is a rather simple post so I don't really have much to expand about. The clean up after the sponging is a chore, but the end result is pretty much awesome so that cancels out the negativity. I really want to try this again, with another combination. How about purple and yellow? 

No comments:

Post a Comment