Sunday, May 27, 2012

Swatch: Essence Time For Romance

I thought I'll make it clear first: CURRENTLY HATING THIS POLISH.

This polish is such a pain to apply. It does look nice, with silver glitters suspended in dark red/maroon jelly, but it is just so hard to put on the nails! What you see is 3 coats, and much swearing and plenty of dabbing.



I put off this swatch because I had tried it once when I got it and I realize it was hard to apply. Plus it does not look extraordinary so I simply let it stew in a corner. Now, it shall go back to the dark corner... and repent...



The problem is in the jelly, I think. There is simply too much jelly that when I tried to paint it, the brush will brush off the previous coat together with the glitter, leaving behind bare spots. Of which I then have to dab carefully to fill it in. 

As I said, this is a pretty polish, but perhaps not worth the effort applying it. I shudder to think about the drying time. 

Have you seen the new Essence Circus Circus collection? I could not get the gold and black one.. What a pity. 

2 comments:

  1. It should go to the pile of shame, then! ;) It's sad, cuz it was really nice color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're right! I'll probably try sponging first tho! Before I give up on it! ^^

      Delete