Saturday, October 6, 2012

31 Day Challenge: Gradient

Today's challenge is Gradient!

When I saw this prompt, I thought, 'Oh hell, I shouldn't have done gradient for Metallic challenge. Now I have to think of a new design for gradient'. Then I remembered that I saw this gradient a while ago on one of the blogs I was following and sighed in relief. Now I no longer need to worry about what to do for this challenge!


So this is similar to a french manicure, except it is a gradient, plus my whites are not at the tips but in 50-50 proportion. I used Essie Topless and Bottom and OPI Alpine Snow for the gradient, and layered Cirquie Potosi over it. 


Cirque Potosi is a silver shard and gold glitter with small mircroglitter that is extremely beautiful. I got mine at MeiMeiSignature's for $16. It does international shipping and has a whopping collection of indie nail polish!

Here, I layered 2 coats of Cirque Potosi because the first coat does not has as many glitter on each nails as I would like. Plus, the clear solution seemed to be more than the glitter so that glitter has to be fished out of the bottle with the brush. I do love the lavender scent from the polish. I could still smell it after 2 days which is pretty awesome!



So, this is my gradient. What do you think? Is the traditional french mani still better than a french gradient? I'm on the fence personally. 

If you wanna see the challenge prompts, you can view it here.
If you wanna see what I've done till now, you can view it here

Have a nice day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment